Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Today
Today as I walked through the Dartmouth Hospital Cancer Center and looked down at each seat you once sat, I still see you sitting there, remembering everything you went through each time you were there. Then I looked over at each person and wondered if they too are going through all what you did. I pray that each one of them have half the faith and strength that you had. They would be blessed as we were, if they also have the time we had with you. Each one with their own pain I can feel for them and they too one day will look into a empty seat and see what I see. I pray they too will see their loved one again as I know I will see you. Dad, I miss you so very much.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thank you for sharing Millie. and thanks for taking such good care of Mom..... and Dad too!!!! It must be so hard to walk the halls of Dartmouth remembering Dad and all he, Mom, you and John went through there. His faith and Dartmouth is what gave us extra time with him. Thanks again. I love you....
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteAs I read your post, I was rushed right back to the sights, sounds and smells of the hospital and my presious last minutes with dad. Those moments are as real now as they were then. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteIt seems like it was so long ago but remembered as if it were yesterday. its funny how the brain works but I'm so greatful I had you all that were also a great part of Dads hospital visits. We all have our own memories of Dads days and his visits and we will all hold them dear to our hearts. Thank you everyone for all your support I love you all
ReplyDeleteyes i do feel the same way as i walk the halls of that hospital, an i will be doing much more of that as i do my treatments soon!
ReplyDelete