Dr. Fadul was Dad's Neuro-Oncologist at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Norris Cotton Cancer Center. I met Dr. Fadul when he first gave Dad the tumor diagnosis and right away felt comfortable with his presence. He was more than a doctor to Dad and our family. He showed genuine compassion, understanding and concern for Dad and and our family. Dad's visits to Dartmouth for treatments always included a visit with Dr. Fadul and he gave Dad and our family plenty of time to present diagnosis, treatment options and listened to our endless questions about Dad's prognosis.Dad, Mom and I attended a day-long workshop hosted by Dr. Fadul and his staff to address the issues facing care givers of tumor patients. I met a few of his patients that day and witnessed the compassion and respect he gave to his patients and the respect they gave in return. He realized the need to provide care for the "whole person" beyond the specific physical issue.
Dr. Fadul attended Mom and Dad's 50th wedding anniversary celebration and it brought great joy to our family to have him present. Once Dad was in hospice Dr. Fadul frequently called Dad at home. His extraordinary patient care is a model for other western heath care practitioners to follow.
I'm thankful to Dr. Fadul and his staff for providing compassionate care for Dad over the last 3 years.
I'll never foget the words that Dad spoke when he saw DR Fadul arriving at their 50th Anniversary celebration,
ReplyDelete"LOOK WHO IS HERE OH MY" Dad was so proud of Dr Fadul.