Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Father and Son

Father
It's not time to make a change,
Just relax, take it easy.
You're still young, that's your fault,
There's so much you have to know.
Find a girl, settle down,
If you want you can marry.
Look at me, I am old, but I'm happy.

I was once like you are now, and I know that it's not easy,
To be calm when you've found something going on.
But take your time, think a lot,
Why, think of everything you've got.
For you will still be here tomorrow, but your dreams may not.

Son
How can I try to explain, when I do he turns away again.
It's always been the same, same old story.
From the moment I could talk I was ordered to listen.
Now there's a way and I know that I have to go away.
I know I have to go.

Father
It's not time to make a change,
Just sit down, take it slowly.
You're still young, that's your fault,
There's so much you have to go through.
Find a girl, settle down,
if you want you can marry.
Look at me, I am old, but I'm happy.

Son
All the times that I cried, keeping all the things I knew inside,
It's hard, but it's harder to ignore it.
If they were right, I'd agree, but it's them you know not me.
Now there's a way and I know that I have to go away.

I know I have to go.

3 comments:

  1. So, I played the song on you tube while following along to your Blog. What a great way to read (hear) it. What a wonderful song.
    Thanks for sharing it.
    I Love You George!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes and Thank you...

    It felt appropriate on Dad's birthday. It takes a couple of readings to get the perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice pic for a song,i like how he sings this song now,rather then his older one....awsome geo.i downloaded this one for keeps!

    ReplyDelete