Tuesday, January 6, 2009

My Second chance


Growing up I was always on the run and never thought time was important. Busy with friends and always on the go. Dad working all the time so our family would have everything we need. Boy was I wrong. Time is something you can never get back. The past three years with Dad and Mom I learned how important time is. I got a chance to get to know Dad again but in the eyes of an adult instead of a child on the run. Time, I am greatful for all the time I had with him. Playing cards, watching a movie or two. Every night before they (Mom & Dad) turned in he would open the door and say "see ya in the morning" "goodnight" Boy do I miss that. The last month or so a Hug would be at the door when John and I came home. That was his way of saying Thank You and Love you guys. I Thank God every day for having that second chance of getting to know Dad again.

I will forever love and miss him. Goodnight Dad. See you again. Love Millie

2 comments: